Posted On: July 23, 2016/
Categorized In: Access Control System / Biometric Attendance Systems/
Written By: Starlink
The word access means to provide authorization to the user for any of the tasks. There is similar meaning in understanding the concept of access control systems. It states that providing authorizations to any individual for the shorter periods or longer periods of time becomes easier to manage and integrate accordingly. There is a need to manage and handle high level of security so that time is saved as well as paper work is reduced and also operating and maintenance costs are reduced.
We often say that access control systems are the powerful systems that monitor even the smallest of the systems in larger buildings, organizations and institutions for better safety and reliability. With the use of these systems, the critical tasks can be monitored and handled very efficiently. There are some of the key benefits in regards with the access control systems:
1. It handles critical situations very smartly and rapidly responds to any of the security threats and issues around.
2. In case of any threat, the management receives immediate alarming notifications so that steps can be taken to prevent the happening to occur.
3. These systems are installed quickly and saves a lot of time.
4. It also saves a lot of paperwork as records are automatically stored within the database and can be accessed any time to verify the records of the employees in the organization.
5. It provides flexibility in every type of environment and is thus trusted by most of the customers.
To implement any access control, we have 3 types of controls:
1. Physical Controls: It provides security and access to one’s personal computer or the group of computers. Physical access control can be related to a human and the alternative systems provide the authority to the individual to work on its controls. Few Examples of physical control include: Alarms, Lightning, Locks, Security guards etc.
2. Logical Controls: These types of controls are used to restrict the access to systems for unauthorized users. It protects and limits the number of available resources. Logical controls are also known as technical controls. Some of the examples include: Routers, Software, Firewalls, Access Control, Smart cards etc.
3. Administrative Control: These are the controls that are handled under the supervision of management and administration with proper planning, structure, security awareness along with the list of policies and procedures. Few Examples include: Testing, Job rotations, investigations, etc..
Biometrics is one of the best examples of access control systems in the terms of network security, home security and others. If people are still using the old fashioned methods of securing their data, systems, home, etc. They are degrading the invention of technologies and ultimately creating lots of problems for them. Access Control system opens the doors of opportunity and provide security, protection and integrity of the available resources.